Tuesday, July 15, 2008

London Baby!!!



What a week this is turning out to be! Im WRECKED, i was in London at the weekend and I am SOOOOO tired from it. I flew over on Thursday evening and I got back on Sunday night (after a four hour flight delay!!)

I love London though, it's a great place. I went to the races in Ascot at the weekend to win my spending money....but I came out broke :( Stupid horses are STILL running around the track! There was a nice big UK car show there though which was excellent. As a massive petrol head as im sure you know, it was an ideal place for me to enjoy myself. Ferrari, Maserati, BMW, Aston Martin, TVR and Weismann were all there. Not to mention Ciao Bella Scooters who displayed their full range of fully restored 1960's scooters. Proper 'Quadrophenia' style!


Highlight of the weekend however was not the gambling, or the drunken nights....On sunday, we dropped a visit to the location of the 'Cans Festival'. London's dedicated stencil graffiti exhibition in the Leake Tunnel below Waterloo station. What a place! The stencil art from the likes of Banksy and Blek Le Rat is something not to be missed. We spent over an hour just eyeballing the fascinating art.....





Definately a place that will be high on my list of destinations next time I make it to London!


P

No comments: